Turks and Caicos Travel Warning
Issued by US Department of State
Feb 25, 2019
Exercise increased caution in the Turks and Caicos Islands due to crime.
The vast majority of crime occurs in Providenciales. Local medical care and criminal investigative capabilities are limited.
Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page.
If you decide to travel to the Turks and Caicos Islands:
- Avoid walking alone and at night.
- Do not answer your door at your hotel/residence unless you know who it is.
- Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued after periodic review with updates to information on crime.