Italy Travel Warning
Issued by US Embassy in Rome
Feb 29, 2020
- Lombardy and Veneto due to the level of community transmission of the virus and imposition of local quarantine procedures.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Italy has suspended flights from the People’s Republic of China (PRC) as well as from Taiwan. There is currently no proposed date for lifting the travel restrictions.
- While direct flights between Chinese points-of-origin and Italian destinations have been temporarily postponed, there are no specific restrictions for entry of anyone based solely on their nationality. Italian authorities continue to monitor arrivals from China at all international airports, and any passengers exhibiting symptoms (e.g., fever, respiratory congestion, coughing, sneezing) are subject to additional medical examination.
- Italy has expanded temperature screening to all air travelers upon arrival on all international (including European) and domestic flights arriving in Italy’s major airports as well as upon departure for most non-Schengen countries.
- There are 11 Italian towns in quarantine; most affected regions are Lombardy and Veneto (Northern Italy, Milan consular district).
- https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronavirus/ (the Italian National Institute of Health’s website available only in Italian).
- Call Italy’s 112 emergency number or 1500 if you believe you have symptoms and are currently in Italy. English speaking operators are available.