Germany Health Alert
Issued by US Embassy in Berlin
Mar 02, 2020
- Germany has 150 confirmed cases of COVID-19 within its borders.
- There are zero reported fatalities from COVID-19 within Germany.
- Many international trade shows have been cancelled or rescheduled out of an abundance of caution.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Germany has not implemented any travel restrictions in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Germany is not denying entry to foreign nationals based on COVID-19 policy considerations.
- Germany has implemented the use of passenger locator cards for all individuals entering Germany by air, rail, ship, and bus.
- Infected individuals are treated in hospital isolation until infections have passed and patients are judged to no longer pose a risk to others.
- The German health ministry advises that anyone who has been in contact with a person diagnosed with the COVID-19, or who have spent time in a risk area, should contact the health office responsible for their location, even if they have no symptoms. You can find the search function for locating the responsible health office via the ZIP code tool.