France Health Alert
Issued by US Embassy in Paris
Mar 02, 2020
- France has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within its borders.
- Since January 24, 2020, there have been 130 confirmed cases in France. One hundred sixteen patients remain in hospital and there have been two confirmed deaths.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- No travel restrictions have been implemented by the Government of France in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Flights from China, Hong Kong, Macao, Singapore, South Korea, and affected regions in Italy arriving at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris are met by medical professionals to answer questions and take into care any person presenting symptoms. The French government is distributing flyers to travelers with advice in French, English, and Chinese.
- Note that Air France has canceled flights to and from China at least until mid-March.
- Only travelers returning on government-provided evacuation flights are placed in quarantine.
- All other travelers returning from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, South Korea or the Italian regions of Lombardy and Veneto are advised to monitor their temperature twice daily for 14 days, wear a surgical mask when they are with others or outside their home, stay away from individuals with compromised health, and reduce non-essential activities that would expose them to crowds, such as going to the cinema, large gatherings, or a restaurant.
- If you are in France and were in any of the affected areas in the last 14 days and feel sick with fever, cough,or difficulty breathing,
Dial 15 to seek medical advice. Do not go directly to an emergency room, doctor’s office or clinic.