5 Tips for Living in Nassau in the Bahamas
Expats who choose to live in the Bahamas can explore a Caribbean paradise. Find out what it means to call Nassau, on the island of New Providence, your home.
2024 Expat Guide to Living in Nassau
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Nassau.
Expats in Nassau talk about the Pros & Cons of Living in Nassau.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in Nassau.
Culture Shock in Nassau, Bahamas
One expat in the Bahamas advised those considering a move there to visit the island several times before making a commitment to live there, make sure the paperwork is in order and know what they getting into prior to coming. She went on to explain that the island is quite segregated and prices are extremely high.
More Reports about Culture Shock in Nassau
Public Transportation in Nassau
Mastering the public transportation system in Nassau is a crucial aspect of adapting to life there. This article provides a detailed overview of the available local transit options.
Best Markets in Nassau
What are the best markets in Nassau? In this article we highlight the best markets in Nassau.
Retire in Nassau Guide
Retire in Nassau with confidence, armed with the knowledge from our extensive guide. It covers critical considerations for retirees, from the cost of living and climate to housing, healthcare, and residency choices in Nassau. We also delve into the social and cultural scene, volunteering options, public transportation facilities, and the city's walkability, helping you make an informed decision.
7 Tips for Living in Nassau
Advice for people moving to Nassau or thinking about moving there.
Pros & Cons of Living in Nassau
If you're considering a move to Nassau, this article discusses the pros and cons of living in Nassau.
Tips for Expats Driving in Nassau
Driving in a new country can be daunting. These tips offer insight into what to expect when driving in Nassau.
Cost of Living in Nassau
Understanding the the cost of living in Nassau helps a newcomer what to expect when it comes to apartment or house hunting, grocery shopping, transportation, dining out, utilities and more.
Health Care in Nassau
Learn about the health system in Nassau: how it can and cannot be used by expats, nomads, retirees and others moving to and living in Nassau.
The Insider's Guide to Nassau
Living it Up in Nassau: Your Insider's Guide to Top Attractions, Culinary Hotspots, Nightlife, and More. Discover the Best Recreational Activities, Connect with Friendly Locals, and Experience the Charm of the City.
Expats in Nassau talk about healthcare in Nassau.
An expat living in Nassau, Bahamas talks about the quality of healthcare in the Bahamas. He explained that the hospitals and clinics in the Bahamas provide care more quickly than in this home country of Canada. Also, many expats in need of specialized care take a quick trip to Florida.
Expats in Nassau offer advice about Moving to Nassau.
Member Reports about Moving to Nassau
Retirees in Nassau talk about life in Nassau.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Nassau.
An expat talks about renting a home on Paradise Island, Bahamas. Did you know that most rentals in the Bahamas are fully furnished? and many landlords won't allow any of the existing furniture to be removed.
An expat in the Bahamas offers in-depth advice about the real estate market in the Bahamas. Covers he most popular areas for expats like Sandyport, Old Fort Bay and Lyford Caye. Also, housing costs, the steps in buying property, closing costs and more.
Questions & Answers:
- What should I pack when moving to Nassau?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nassau?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nassau?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Nassau appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Nassau?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Nassau accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Nassau like?
- How are healthcare services in Nassau?
- What are medical services in Nassau like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nassau?
- What are emergency services like in Nassau?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Nassau?
- How are local medical facilities in Nassau?
- As a foreigner living in Nassau, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?