Explore Long Island
Expats' Guide to Long Island
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Long Island.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in Long Island.
7 Tips for Living in Long Island
Advice for people moving to Long Island or thinking about moving there.
Pros & Cons of Living in Long Island
If you're considering a move to Long Island, this article discusses the pros and cons of living in Long Island.
The Essential Guide to Long Island
Our Guide to Long Island: Top Attractions, Culinary Hotspots, Nightlife, and More. Plus, Tips on Making Connections with the Locals and Finding Fun Recreational Activities
Essential Guide to the Health System in Long Island
Learn about the health system in Long Island: how it can and cannot be used by expats, nomads, retirees and others moving to and living in Long Island.
Cost of Living in Long Island
If you're moving to Long Island, understanding the the cost of living in Long Island helps you know what to expect when it comes to apartment or house hunting, grocery shopping, transportation, dining out, utilities and more.
Expats in Long Island offer advice about Moving to Long Island.
Retirees in Long Island talk about life in Long Island.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Long Island.
Questions & Answers:
- What should I pack when moving to Long Island?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Long Island?
- Will I be able to find a job in Long Island?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Long Island appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Long Island?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Long Island accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Long Island like?
- How are healthcare services in Long Island?
- What are medical services in Long Island like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Long Island?
- What are emergency services like in Long Island?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Long Island?
- How are local medical facilities in Long Island?
- As a foreigner living in Long Island, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?