Lisbon is the capital and largest city in Portugal, which is one of the most popular countries for expats in Europe. You'll find basic information to help you get acquainted with Lisbon and what it has to offer.
2023 Expat Guide to Living in Lisbon
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Lisbon.
Talk with other digital nomads and expats in Lisbon on our Lisbon forum - meet people, get advice and help others.
Expats in Lisbon talk about the Pros & Cons of Living in Lisbon.
Member Reports about Culture Shock in Lisbon
5 Tips for Living in Lisbon, Portugal
Expats living in Lisbon, Portugal enjoy a historic cross-roads that has become an economic hub in Western Europe. Expats from all over the world enjoy the Mediterranean climate and diversity of people and culture.
11 Best Neighborhoods in Lisbon
There are a lot of options when picking a neighborhood in Lisbon. Here are the 11 Best Places to live according to expats living in Lisbon.
Expats in Lisbon talk about healthcare in Lisbon.
A highly-experienced expat offers a detailed look inside health care in Portugal, and the Lisbon area in particular. Covers access to the Portuguese system, medications, private insurance, area hospitals and much more.
An expat in Lisbon, Portugal says to find a health insurance plan that specializes in your region of Portugal. She talks about the quality of medical care, filling US prescriptions at local pharmacies and more.
Expats in Lisbon offer advice about Moving to Lisbon.
Retirees in Lisbon talk about life in Lisbon.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Lisbon.
Questions & Answers:
- What should I pack when moving to Lisbon?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Lisbon?
- Will I be able to find a job in Lisbon?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Lisbon appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Lisbon?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Lisbon accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Lisbon like?
- How are healthcare services Lisbon?
- What are medical services in Lisbon like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Lisbon?
- What are emergency services like in Lisbon?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Lisbon?
- How are local medical facilities in Lisbon?
- As a foreigner living in Lisbon, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?