What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Bahrain?
We asked people in Bahrain if they could share any humorous cultural blunders they commited. For new expats, keep in mind that these incidents are an inevitable part of expat life. Learning to laugh about them is the key!...
"It is important to be respectful of Bahrain's culture and customs when visiting the country. It is considered impolite to show public displays of affection, so it is best to avoid kissing or hugging in public. It is also important to dress modestly, especially when visiting religious sites. It is also important to be aware of the local customs regarding food and drink, as some foods and drinks are considered taboo in Bahrain. Additionally, it is important to be respectful of the local language and to avoid using profanity. Finally, it is important to be aware of the local laws and to avoid engaging in any activities that are illegal in Bahrain," wrote a member who made the move to Bahrain.
- What do I need to know before moving to Bahrain?
- How do I find a place to live in Bahrain?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Bahrain?
- What is the average cost of housing in Bahrain?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Bahrain?
- What should I pack when moving to Bahrain?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Bahrain?
- Why do people move to Bahrain?
- What are healthcare services like in Bahrain?
- What are medical services in Bahrain like?
- What are typical rents in Bahrain?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Bahrain?If you live in Bahrain, newcomers to Bahrain would love to hear your answer to this question.