Is the cost of living in Sweden high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Sweden, they wrote...
"The cost of living in Sweden is generally considered to be high, especially in the larger cities. Prices for basic necessities such as food, housing, and transportation can be quite expensive, and the cost of entertainment and leisure activities can also be quite high. However, the cost of living in Sweden is offset by the high wages and generous social benefits that are available to citizens and residents," wrote a member who made the move to Sweden.
- What should I pack when moving to Sweden?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Sweden?
- Will I be able to find a job in Sweden?
- What is life like in Sweden?
- What do expats in Sweden appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Sweden?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Sweden accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Sweden like?
- What are healthcare services like in Sweden?
- What are medical services in Sweden like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Sweden?
- What are emergency services like in Sweden?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Sweden?
- How are local medical facilities in Sweden?
- As a foreigner living in Sweden, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Is the cost of living in Sweden high?If you live in Sweden, newcomers to Sweden would love to hear your answer to this question.