What do I need to know before retiring in Moldova?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Moldova, they said...
"1. Expats should research the cost of living in Moldova before retiring there, as it is generally lower than in other countries. 2. It is important to understand the local language, as English is not widely spoken in Moldova. 3. Expats should also be aware of the local laws and regulations, as well as the visa requirements for staying in the country. 4. Healthcare in Moldova is generally of a good standard, but expats should ensure they have adequate health insurance coverage. 5. Expats should also research the local culture and customs, as well as the climate, to ensure they are prepared for life in Moldova," said another expat in Moldova.
"1.Profit on eating healthy and organic Moldovan food! 2. Be kind in clubs and bars, but do not exagerate-people will try to profit on you 3. Moldovan Women are the best in the world in matter of everything: smart, good wifes, good at work, good at cooking.... 4. Try to avoid discussions with drunk local people- they may kick your ass," wrote a member who made the move to Chisinau, Moldova.
- What do I need to know before moving to Moldova?
- How do I find a place to live in Moldova?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Moldova?
- What is the average cost of housing in Moldova?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Moldova?
- What should I pack when moving to Moldova?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Moldova?
- Why do people move to Moldova?
- What are healthcare services like in Moldova?
- What are medical services in Moldova like?
- What are typical rents in Moldova?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What do I need to know before retiring in Moldova?If you live in Moldova, newcomers to Moldova would love to hear your answer to this question.