Is the cost of living in Laos high?
We asked people about the cost of living in Laos, they wrote...
"The cost of living in Laos is generally quite low compared to other countries in the region. The capital city of Vientiane is the most expensive place to live in Laos, with prices for goods and services being higher than in other parts of the country. Rent for a nice 1 bedroom apartment in Vientiane is around $400 USD per month, while a nice 2 bedroom apartment can cost up to $600 USD per month. Eating dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Vientiane can cost around $10 USD per person," remarked another expat in Laos.
- What do I need to know before moving to Laos?
- How do I find a place to live in Laos?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Laos?
- What is the average cost of housing in Laos?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Laos?
- What should I pack when moving to Laos?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Laos?
- Why do people move to Laos?
- What are healthcare services like in Laos?
- What are medical services in Laos like?
- What are typical rents in Laos?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
Is the cost of living in Laos high?If you live in Laos, newcomers to Laos would love to hear your answer to this question: