Expats' Guide to Izmir
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Izmir.
Member Reports about Culture Shock in Izmir
Member Reports about Living In Izmir
I am very happy to be in Izmir. I see a lot of potential for us to become educated and to enjoy a more humanistic lifestyle. Like many Expats who have come to Turkey for retirement, we have managed to live more cheaply and within our means here than in our home country.
Expats in Izmir offer advice about Moving to Izmir.
Member Reports about Moving to Izmir
Retirees in Izmir talk about life in Izmir.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Izmir.
Questions & Answers:
- What do I need to know before retiring in Izmir?
- What do I need to know before moving to Izmir?
- How do I find a place to live in Izmir?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Izmir?
- What is the average cost of housing in Izmir?
- How do I meet people in Izmir?
- What should I pack when moving to Izmir?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Izmir?
- Will I be able to find a job in Izmir?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Izmir?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Izmir?
- What is the social scene like in Izmir?
- What advice to expats in Izmir have about housing?
- What are medical services in Izmir like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Izmir?
- Is the cost of living in Izmir high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Izmir?
- Why do people move to Izmir?