5 Tips for Living in Vienna, Austria
Vienna, Austria has been ranked as one of world's most livable cities for the last several years. With its thriving nightlife, cultural attractions and low crime rates, Vienna seems to have it all. However, many expats in Vienna shared with Expat Exchange that they feel unwelcome and disconnected from the Viennese people. Learn how some eventually broke through and developed long-lasting friendships.
2024 Expat Guide to Living in Vienna
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Vienna.
Expats in Vienna talk about the Pros & Cons of Living in Vienna.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in Vienna.
Fun Classes for Expats Living in Vienna
Once you''ve arrived in Vienna, here are some classes to consider taking to help you meet people and get settled in to your new life abroad.
Best Bookstores and Libraries in Vienna
What are the best bookstores and libraries in Vienna? In this article we highlight the best bookstores and libraries in Vienna.
Best Markets in Vienna
What are the best markets in Vienna? In this article we highlight the best markets in Vienna.
Public Transportation in Vienna
Learning how to get around using public transportation in Vienna is an important step in adjusting to life in Vienna. In this article, we cover the local public transportation options.
Retire in Vienna Guide
Retire in Vienna with confidence, armed with the knowledge from our extensive guide. It covers critical considerations for retirees, from the cost of living and climate to housing, healthcare, and residency choices in Vienna. We also delve into the social and cultural scene, volunteering options, public transportation facilities, and the city's walkability, helping you make an informed decision.
7 Tips for Living in Vienna
Advice for people moving to Vienna or thinking about moving there.
Pros & Cons of Living in Vienna
If you're considering a move to Vienna, this article discusses the pros and cons of living in Vienna.
Tips for Expats Driving in Vienna
Driving in a new country can be daunting. These tips offer insight into what to expect when driving in Vienna.
Cost of Living in Vienna
If you're moving to Vienna, understanding the the cost of living in Vienna helps you know what to expect when it comes to apartment or house hunting, grocery shopping, transportation, dining out, utilities and more.
Health Care in Vienna
Learn about the health system in Vienna: how it can and cannot be used by expats, nomads, retirees and others moving to and living in Vienna.
The Essential Guide to Vienna
Living it Up in Vienna: Your Insider's Guide to Top Attractions, Culinary Hotspots, Nightlife, and More. Discover the Best Recreational Activities, Connect with Friendly Locals, and Experience the Charm of the City.
Expats in Vienna talk about healthcare in Vienna.
An American living in Vienna shares his experiences with healthcare there. He spent 6 months in the hospital and greatly appreciated the care he received, which entirely focused on helping him get better -- rather than than how he was going to pay.
Expats in Vienna offer advice about Moving to Vienna.
Retirees in Vienna talk about life in Vienna.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Vienna.
Questions & Answers:
- What do I need to know before moving to Vienna?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Vienna?
- What is the average cost of housing in Vienna?
- How do I meet people in Vienna?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Vienna?
- What should I pack when moving to Vienna?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Vienna?
- Will I be able to find a job in Vienna?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Vienna?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Vienna?
- What is the social scene like in Vienna?
- What advice to expats in Vienna have about housing?
- What are medical services in Vienna like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Vienna?
- Is the cost of living in Vienna high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Vienna?
- Why do people move to Vienna?