Explore San Jose
5 Tips For Living in San Jose, Costa Rica
The majority of expats in San Jose, actually choose to live not in the city, but outside of it. There are great options in the surrounding area, including places that are closer to the coast than San Jose.
2023 Expat Guide to Living in San Jose
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in San Jose.
Talk with other digital nomads and expats in San Jose on our San Jose forum - meet people, get advice and help others.
Expats in San Jose talk about the Pros & Cons of Living in San Jose.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in San Jose.
An expat talks about what it's like living in San Jose, Costa Rica. He says that most expats move to San Jose for the lower cost of living, friendly people and climate. And, he offers an in-depth look at nightlife, recreational activities and more.
Expats in San Jose talk about healthcare in San Jose.
An expat in San Jose, Costa Rica offers an incredibly insightful report about public and private hospitals, doctors in Costa Rica and the costs of prescription medicine.
Expats in San Jose offer advice about Moving to San Jose.
Member Reports about Moving to San Jose
Retirees in San Jose talk about life in San Jose.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in San Jose.
An expat offers invaluable tips about buying real estate in San Jose, Costa Rica. He advises expats to rent before you buy, wait until you have legal residency to buy, hire a lawyer (or two) and much more. It's a must read for anyone thinking about buying a home or investment property in San Jose or the surrounding suburbs.
Questions & Answers:
- What should I pack when moving to San Jose?
- Where should I setup a bank account in San Jose?
- Will I be able to find a job in San Jose?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in San Jose appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in San Jose?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in San Jose accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in San Jose like?
- How are healthcare services San Jose?
- What are medical services in San Jose like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in San Jose?
- What are emergency services like in San Jose?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in San Jose?
- How are local medical facilities in San Jose?
- As a foreigner living in San Jose, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?