Explore San Jose
5 Tips For Living in San Jose, Costa Rica
The majority of expats in San Jose, actually choose to live not in the city, but outside of it. There are great options in the surrounding area, including places that are closer to the coast than San Jose.
2023 Expat Guide to Living in San Jose
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in San Jose.
Talk with other digital nomads and expats in San Jose on our San Jose forum - meet people, get advice and help others.
Expats in San Jose talk about the Pros & Cons of Living in San Jose.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in San Jose.
Pros & Cons of Living in San Jose
Planning a potential move to San Jose? Delve into this comprehensive article, which delves into the various pros and cons of calling San Jose home.
Driving in San Jose
Driving in a new country can be daunting. These tips offer insight into what to expect when driving in San Jose.
Cost of Living in San Jose
If you're moving to San Jose, understanding the the cost of living in San Jose helps you know what to expect when it comes to apartment or house hunting, grocery shopping, transportation, dining out, utilities and more.
Essential Guide to the Health System in San Jose
Health Care in San Jose: Locate providers, hospitals, and medical centers to find the best health services available for expats and nomads.
The Essential Guide to San Jose, Costa Rica
Our Guide to San Jose: Top Attractions, Culinary Hotspots, Nightlife, and More. Plus, Tips on Making Connections with the Locals and Finding Fun Recreational Activities
An expat talks about what it's like living in San Jose, Costa Rica. He says that most expats move to San Jose for the lower cost of living, friendly people and climate. And, he offers an in-depth look at nightlife, recreational activities and more.
Expats in San Jose talk about healthcare in San Jose.
An expat in San Jose, Costa Rica offers an incredibly insightful report about public and private hospitals, doctors in Costa Rica and the costs of prescription medicine.
Expats in San Jose offer advice about Moving to San Jose.
Member Reports about Moving to San Jose
Retirees in San Jose talk about life in San Jose.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in San Jose.
An expat offers invaluable tips about buying real estate in San Jose, Costa Rica. He advises expats to rent before you buy, wait until you have legal residency to buy, hire a lawyer (or two) and much more. It's a must read for anyone thinking about buying a home or investment property in San Jose or the surrounding suburbs.
Questions & Answers:
- What do I need to know before moving to San Jose?
- How do I find a place to live in San Jose?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in San Jose?
- What is the average cost of housing in San Jose?
- Should I buy or rent a home in San Jose?
- What should I pack when moving to San Jose?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in San Jose?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in San Jose?
- What are healthcare services like in San Jose?
- Is the cost of living in San Jose high?
- Will I save money living in San Jose?
- Why do people move to San Jose?
- How are healthcare services San Jose?
- What are medical services in San Jose like?