Explore Puerto Plata
Expats' Guide to Puerto Plata
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Puerto Plata.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in Puerto Plata.
Public Transportation in Puerto Plata
Learning how to get around using public transportation in Puerto Plata is an important step in adjusting to life in Puerto Plata. In this article, we cover the local public transportation options.
Best Markets in Puerto Plata
What are the best markets in Puerto Plata? In this article we highlight the best markets in Puerto Plata.
Retire in Puerto Plata Guide
Retire in Puerto Plata with confidence, armed with the knowledge from our extensive guide. It covers critical considerations for retirees, from the cost of living and climate to housing, healthcare, and residency choices in Puerto Plata. We also delve into the social and cultural scene, volunteering options, public transportation facilities, and the city's walkability, helping you make an informed decision.
7 Tips for Living in Puerto Plata
Advice for people moving to Puerto Plata or thinking about moving there.
Pros & Cons of Living in Puerto Plata
Planning a potential move to Puerto Plata? Delve into this comprehensive article, which delves into the various pros and cons of calling Puerto Plata home.
Tips for Expats Driving in Puerto Plata
Driving in a new country can be daunting. These tips offer insight into what to expect when driving in Puerto Plata.
Health Care in Puerto Plata
Health Care in Puerto Plata: Locate providers, hospitals, and medical centers to find the best health services available for expats and nomads.
Discovering the Best of Puerto Plata
Discover the charm of Puerto Plata with our guide to the city's top attractions, culinary hotspots, and vibrant nightlife. From outdoor adventures to cultural experiences, we'll also help you find the best recreational activities to enjoy, and offer advice on making lasting connections with the friendly locals.
Cost of Living in Puerto Plata
Understanding the the cost of living in Puerto Plata helps a newcomer what to expect when it comes to apartment or house hunting, grocery shopping, transportation, dining out, utilities and more.
Expats in Puerto Plata offer advice about Moving to Puerto Plata.
Retirees in Puerto Plata talk about life in Puerto Plata.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Puerto Plata.
Questions & Answers:
- What should I pack when moving to Puerto Plata?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Puerto Plata?
- Will I be able to find a job in Puerto Plata?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Puerto Plata appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Puerto Plata?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Puerto Plata accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Puerto Plata like?
- How are healthcare services in Puerto Plata?
- What are medical services in Puerto Plata like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Puerto Plata?
- What are emergency services like in Puerto Plata?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Puerto Plata?
- How are local medical facilities in Puerto Plata?
- As a foreigner living in Puerto Plata, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?