Living in Budapest
If you're moving to Budapest or a newcomer living in Budapest, here are 14 things to know about life in this beautiful city - from the best districts for expat families and single expats, hospitals in Budapest, international schools, expat clubs and organizations and more.
2023 Expat Guide to Living in Budapest
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Budapest.
Expats in Budapest talk about the Pros & Cons of Living in Budapest.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in Budapest.
Retire in Budapest Guide
If Budapest is on your retirement radar, our detailed Retire in Budapest Guide is your go-to resource. Delve into the crucial aspects of life here, including living costs, climate, housing options, healthcare services, and residency procedures. We also explore the city''s social dynamics, volunteering scenes, transportation, and how walkable its neighborhoods are.
7 Tips for Living in Budapest
Advice for people moving to Budapest or thinking about moving there.
Pros & Cons of Living in Budapest
If you're considering a move to Budapest, this article discusses the pros and cons of living in Budapest.
Tips for Expats Driving in Budapest
Driving in a new country can be daunting. These tips offer insight into what to expect when driving in Budapest.
Cost of Living in Budapest
If you're moving to Budapest, understanding the the cost of living in Budapest helps you know what to expect when it comes to apartment or house hunting, grocery shopping, transportation, dining out, utilities and more.
Health Care in Budapest
Learn about the health system in Budapest: how it can and cannot be used by expats, nomads, retirees and others moving to and living in Budapest.
The Insider's Guide to Budapest
Living it Up in Budapest: Your Insider's Guide to Top Attractions, Culinary Hotspots, Nightlife, and More. Discover the Best Recreational Activities, Connect with Friendly Locals, and Experience the Charm of the City.
Living Abroad: Digital Nomads in Budapest, Hungary
Expats and Digital Nomads say Budapest has "a richness of stimuli of every sort" and is a "city both gorgeous and ALIVE." It's no wonder why it's become such a popular location for digital nomads.
International Schools in Budapest, Hungary
There are numerous international and bilingual schools in Budapest. In this article, we highlight some of the more popular international schools school for expats in Budapest.
5 Tips for Living in Budapest
Most expats love living in Budapest for it's beauty and culture. There's something for everyone in Budapest. Yes, you'll have to deal with lots of bureaucracy, but people are friendly and helpful. Once you get past the red tape, life in Budapest is rewarding.
An expat talks about what it's like living in Budapest including best international schools, Buda vs. Pest, healthcare in Budapest and much more.
Expats in Budapest talk about healthcare in Budapest.
Expats in Budapest offer advice about Moving to Budapest.
Member Reports about Moving to Budapest
Retirees in Budapest talk about life in Budapest.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Budapest.
Questions & Answers:
- What should I pack when moving to Budapest?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Budapest?
- Will I be able to find a job in Budapest?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Budapest appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Budapest?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Budapest accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Budapest like?
- How are healthcare services in Budapest?
- What are medical services in Budapest like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Budapest?
- What are emergency services like in Budapest?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Budapest?
- How are local medical facilities in Budapest?
- As a foreigner living in Budapest, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?