Expats' Guide to Penang
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Penang.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in Penang.
Retire in Penang Guide
Retire in Penang with confidence, armed with the knowledge from our extensive guide. It covers critical considerations for retirees, from the cost of living and climate to housing, healthcare, and residency choices in Penang. We also delve into the social and cultural scene, volunteering options, public transportation facilities, and the city''s walkability, helping you make an informed decision.
7 Tips for Living in Penang
Advice for people moving to Penang or thinking about moving there.
Pros & Cons of Living in Penang
If you're considering a move to Penang, this article discusses the pros and cons of living in Penang.
Cost of Living in Penang
If you're moving to Penang, understanding the the cost of living in Penang helps you know what to expect when it comes to apartment or house hunting, grocery shopping, transportation, dining out, utilities and more.
Essential Guide to the Health System in Penang
Dive into healthcare resources for expats and digital nomads in Penang: identify leading healthcare providers, hospitals, and medical centers for optimal care.
Discover the Best of Penang
Discover the charm of Penang with our guide to the city's top attractions, culinary hotspots, and vibrant nightlife. From outdoor adventures to cultural experiences, we'll also help you find the best recreational activities to enjoy, and offer advice on making lasting connections with the friendly locals.
Top 5 Reasons to Retire in Penang, Malaysia
With its beautiful beaches, laid-back lifestyle and UNESCO World Heritage status for the historic capital of Georgetown, Penang is a great overseas retirement destination.
Expats in Penang offer advice about Moving to Penang.
Member Reports about Moving to Penang
Retirees in Penang talk about life in Penang.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Penang.
Questions & Answers:
- What should I pack when moving to Penang?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Penang?
- Will I be able to find a job in Penang?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Penang appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Penang?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Penang accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Penang like?
- How are healthcare services in Penang?
- What are medical services in Penang like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Penang?
- What are emergency services like in Penang?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Penang?
- How are local medical facilities in Penang?
- As a foreigner living in Penang, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?