5 Tips for Living in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is a beautiful city with historic canals, incredible museums and a thriving cafe and nightlife scene. For those expats fortunate enough to move to Amsterdam, it can be an amazing place to live. Expat Exchange members in Amsterdam share their tips for living in Amsterdam and surrounding, commutable cities such as Amstelveen, Hilversum, Utrecht, The Hague and Rotterdam.
2023 Expat Guide to Living in Amsterdam
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Amsterdam.
Expats in Amsterdam talk about the Pros & Cons of Living in Amsterdam.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in Amsterdam.
Expats in Amsterdam offer advice about Moving to Amsterdam.
Retirees in Amsterdam talk about life in Amsterdam.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Amsterdam.
Questions & Answers:
- What should I pack when moving to Amsterdam?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Amsterdam?
- Will I be able to find a job in Amsterdam?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Amsterdam appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Amsterdam?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Amsterdam accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Amsterdam like?
- How are healthcare services Amsterdam?
- What are medical services in Amsterdam like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Amsterdam?
- What are emergency services like in Amsterdam?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Amsterdam?
- How are local medical facilities in Amsterdam?
- As a foreigner living in Amsterdam, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?