5 Tips for Living in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is a beautiful city with historic canals, incredible museums and a thriving cafe and nightlife scene. For those expats fortunate enough to move to Amsterdam, it can be an amazing place to live. Expat Exchange members in Amsterdam share their tips for living in Amsterdam and surrounding, commutable cities such as Amstelveen, Hilversum, Utrecht, The Hague and Rotterdam.
2023 Expat Guide to Living in Amsterdam
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Amsterdam.
Expats in Amsterdam talk about the Pros & Cons of Living in Amsterdam.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in Amsterdam.
Retire in Amsterdam Guide
Retire in Amsterdam with confidence, armed with the knowledge from our extensive guide. It covers critical considerations for retirees, from the cost of living and climate to housing, healthcare, and residency choices in Amsterdam. We also delve into the social and cultural scene, volunteering options, public transportation facilities, and the city''s walkability, helping you make an informed decision.
7 Tips for Living in Amsterdam
Advice for people moving to Amsterdam or thinking about moving there.
Pros & Cons of Living in Amsterdam
If you're considering a move to Amsterdam, this article discusses the pros and cons of living in Amsterdam.
Tips for Expats Driving in Amsterdam
Driving in a new country can be daunting. These tips offer insight into what to expect when driving in Amsterdam.
Cost of Living in Amsterdam
If you're moving to Amsterdam, understanding the the cost of living in Amsterdam helps you know what to expect when it comes to apartment or house hunting, grocery shopping, transportation, dining out, utilities and more.
Insider's Guide to Health Care in Amsterdam
Learn about the health system in Amsterdam: how it can and cannot be used by expats, nomads, retirees and others moving to and living in Amsterdam.
Discovering the Best of Amsterdam
Our Guide to Amsterdam: Top Attractions, Culinary Hotspots, Nightlife, and More. Plus, Tips on Making Connections with the Locals and Finding Fun Recreational Activities
Expats in Amsterdam offer advice about Moving to Amsterdam.
Retirees in Amsterdam talk about life in Amsterdam.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Amsterdam.
Questions & Answers:
- What should I pack when moving to Amsterdam?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Amsterdam?
- Will I be able to find a job in Amsterdam?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Amsterdam appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Amsterdam?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Amsterdam accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Amsterdam like?
- How are healthcare services in Amsterdam?
- What are medical services in Amsterdam like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Amsterdam?
- What are emergency services like in Amsterdam?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Amsterdam?
- How are local medical facilities in Amsterdam?
- As a foreigner living in Amsterdam, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?