5 Tips for Living in Stavanger, Norway
Life in Stavanger can be complicated for expats. By most accounts, it is a difficult culture to get accustomed to, but with the right frame of mind and a willingness to adapt, it can be a rewarding expat experience.
2023 Expat Guide to Living in Stavanger
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Stavanger.
Expats in Stavanger talk about the Pros & Cons of Living in Stavanger.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in Stavanger.
Culture Shock in Stavanger, Norway
An expat in Stavanger, Norway appreciates the Norwegian's love of and respect for nature. She also appreciates that Norwegians aren't easily offended, their lower crime rates and great food.
Driving in Stavanger
Driving in a new country can be daunting. These tips offer insight into what to expect when driving in Stavanger.
Cost of Living in Stavanger
If you're moving to Stavanger, understanding the the cost of living in Stavanger helps you know what to expect when it comes to apartment or house hunting, grocery shopping, transportation, dining out, utilities and more.
Navigate Health Care in Stavanger
Explore healthcare options for expatriates and digital nomads in Stavanger: uncover top-rated providers, hospitals, and medical facilities to meet your needs while living abroad in Stavanger.
The Essential Guide to Stavanger, Norway
Discover the charm of Stavanger with our guide to the city's top attractions, culinary hotspots, and vibrant nightlife. From outdoor adventures to cultural experiences, we'll also help you find the best recreational activities to enjoy, and offer advice on making lasting connections with the friendly locals.
Expats in Stavanger offer advice about Moving to Stavanger.
Retirees in Stavanger talk about life in Stavanger.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Stavanger.
Questions & Answers:
- What should I pack when moving to Stavanger?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Stavanger?
- Will I be able to find a job in Stavanger?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Stavanger appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Stavanger?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Stavanger accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Stavanger like?
- How are healthcare services Stavanger?
- What are medical services in Stavanger like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Stavanger?
- What are emergency services like in Stavanger?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Stavanger?
- How are local medical facilities in Stavanger?
- As a foreigner living in Stavanger, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?