Expats' Guide to Davao
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Davao.
Talk with other digital nomads and expats in Davao on our Davao forum - meet people, get advice and help others.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in Davao.
Member Reports about Living In Davao
An expat married to a Filipino woman describes his wife's experiences giving birth to their two children in Davao, Philippines. They chose a simple clinic with a hospital as a backup plan. He explained that in the Philippines hospital births are almost always c-sections.
Expats in Davao offer advice about Moving to Davao.
Retirees in Davao talk about life in Davao.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Davao.
Questions & Answers:
- What should I pack when moving to Davao?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Davao?
- Will I be able to find a job in Davao?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Davao appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Davao?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Davao accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Davao like?
- How are healthcare services Davao?
- What are medical services in Davao like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Davao?
- What are emergency services like in Davao?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Davao?
- How are local medical facilities in Davao?
- As a foreigner living in Davao, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?