What do I need to know before moving to Tallinn?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Tallinn, they said...
"Tallinn is the capital of Estonia and is a great place to live for expats. It is a modern city with a rich cultural heritage, and is known for its vibrant nightlife and excellent public transportation. Expats should be aware that the official language of Estonia is Estonian, although English is widely spoken. It is also important to note that the cost of living in Tallinn is relatively low compared to other European cities. Additionally, expats should be aware that the weather in Tallinn can be quite cold in the winter months, so it is important to be prepared for the cold. Finally, expats should be aware that the healthcare system in Estonia is of a high standard, and that there are plenty of opportunities for expats to get involved in the local community," remarked another expat in Tallinn, Estonia.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Tallinn?
- What do I need to know before moving to Tallinn?
- How do I find a place to live in Tallinn?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Tallinn?
- What is the average cost of housing in Tallinn?
- How do I meet people in Tallinn?
- What should I pack when moving to Tallinn?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tallinn?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tallinn?
- What is life like in Tallinn?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Tallinn?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Tallinn?
- What is the social scene like in Tallinn?
- What advice to expats in Tallinn have about housing?
- What are medical services in Tallinn like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tallinn?
- Is the cost of living in Tallinn high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Tallinn?
- Why do people move to Tallinn?
What do I need to know before moving to Tallinn?If you live in Tallinn, newcomers to Tallinn would love to hear your answer to this question.