What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Moldova?
We asked people in Moldova if they could share any humorous cultural blunders they commited. For new expats, keep in mind that these incidents are an inevitable part of expat life. Learning to laugh about them is the key!...
"It is important to be aware of the cultural norms in Moldova and to respect them. It is considered impolite to be late for social engagements, so it is important to arrive on time. It is also important to dress modestly and to avoid wearing revealing clothing. It is also important to be aware of the local customs and to avoid discussing sensitive topics such as politics or religion. Additionally, it is important to be respectful of the local language and to avoid speaking English or any other foreign language in public. Finally, it is important to be aware of the local customs and to avoid touching people or objects without permission," remarked another expat in Moldova.
- What should I pack when moving to Moldova?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Moldova?
- Will I be able to find a job in Moldova?
- What is life like in Moldova?
- What do expats in Moldova appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Moldova?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Moldova accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Moldova like?
- What are healthcare services like in Moldova?
- What are medical services in Moldova like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Moldova?
- What are emergency services like in Moldova?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Moldova?
- How are local medical facilities in Moldova?
- As a foreigner living in Moldova, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Moldova?If you live in Moldova, newcomers to Moldova would love to hear your answer to this question.