Expats' Guide to Baku
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Baku.
Expats in Baku talk about the Pros & Cons of Living in Baku.
Culture Shock in Baku, Azerbaijan
An expat living in Baku, Azerbaijan offers her perspective on living there and the culture shock she experienced. It offers insight into the realities of settling into Baku and how to manage it.
A woman living in Baku, Azerbaijan shares her experiences with racism in Baku. She and her husband live in a regular neighborhood rather than an expat area. She speaks Turkish, which helps her understand Azerbaijani. Knowing what is being yelled at her as she walks down the street has been eye opening.
More Reports about Culture Shock in Baku
Expats in Baku offer advice about Moving to Baku.
Member Reports about Moving to Baku
Questions & Answers:
- What do I need to know before moving to Baku?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Baku?
- What is the average cost of housing in Baku?
- How do I meet people in Baku?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Baku?
- What should I pack when moving to Baku?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Baku?
- Will I be able to find a job in Baku?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Baku?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Baku?
- What is the social scene like in Baku?
- What advice to expats in Baku have about housing?
- What are medical services in Baku like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Baku?
- Is the cost of living in Baku high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Baku?
- Why do people move to Baku?