15 Expats Talk about Health Insurance and Healthcare in Bahrain
Last updated on May 03, 2023
Summary: The quality of medical care in Bahrain is generally considered to be good, with many hospitals and clinics offering a wide range of services. However, the quality of care may not be as high as in the United States. Emergency services in Bahrain are generally reliable and efficient, with ambulances available 24 hours a day. To call for an ambulance, you can dial 999 or 997.
How are healthcare services Bahrain?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Bahrain, they replied:
"In Bahrain, healthcare services are provided by both public and private institutions. The public healthcare system is managed by the Ministry of Health and provides a range of services, including primary care, specialist care, and hospital services. The quality of public healthcare is generally good, with modern facilities and well-trained staff. Foreign residents in Bahrain have access to the public healthcare system, although they may need to pay for some services. Expats in Bahrain can use the public healthcare system by registering with the Ministry of Health and obtaining a health card. This card allows them to access public healthcare services at a reduced cost," said one expat living in Bahrain.
What are medical services in Bahrain like?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Bahrain?
- How do I find a place to live in Bahrain?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Bahrain?
- What is the average cost of housing in Bahrain?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Bahrain?
- What should I pack when moving to Bahrain?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Bahrain?
- Why do people move to Bahrain?
- How are healthcare services in Bahrain?
- What are medical services in Bahrain like?
- What are typical rents in Bahrain?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?