Pros and Cons of Living in Libya
Last updated on Apr 08, 2023
Summary: The pros of living in Libya include its warm climate, its rich cultural heritage, and its low cost of living. On the other hand, the cons of living in Libya include its unstable political situation, its lack of infrastructure, and its limited access to basic services.
What are the pros and cons of living in Libya?
Expats, digital nomads and retirees living in Libya responded:
"Expats and digital nomads living in Libya appreciate the country's rich cultural heritage and its diverse landscapes. They also enjoy the warm hospitality of the Libyan people and the low cost of living. On the other hand, they may find the lack of infrastructure and the limited access to modern amenities to be a challenge. Additionally, the political instability and security concerns can be a deterrent for some," remarked one expat in Libya.
What do expats in Libya appreciate most about the local culture?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Libya?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Libya?
- Will I be able to find a job in Libya?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Libya appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Libya?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Libya accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Libya like?
- How are healthcare services Libya?
- What are medical services in Libya like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Libya?
- What are emergency services like in Libya?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Libya?
- How are local medical facilities in Libya?
- As a foreigner living in Libya, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?