Cost of Living in Czechia
Last updated on Mar 13, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in the Czech Republic is generally considered to be quite affordable. A nice one bedroom apartment in the Czech Republic can cost anywhere from $400 to $800 per month, while a nice two bedroom apartment can cost anywhere from $600 to $1,200 per month. The cost of dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in the Czech Republic is usually around $15 to $20 per person.
Is the cost of living in Czechia high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Czechia, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Czechia is generally considered to be quite affordable. Prices for basic necessities such as food, transportation, and housing are generally lower than in other European countries. Eating out in restaurants is also relatively inexpensive, and there are plenty of affordable options for entertainment. Overall, Czechia is a great place to live for those looking for a good quality of life at a reasonable cost," explained one expat living in Czech Rep.
Will I save money living in Czechia?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Czechia?
- How do I find a place to live in Czechia?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Czechia?
- What is the average cost of housing in Czechia?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Czechia?
- What should I pack when moving to Czechia?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Czechia?
- Why do people move to Czechia?
- How are healthcare services in Czechia?
- What are medical services in Czechia like?
- What are typical rents in Czechia?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?