Cost of Living in Poland
Last updated on Apr 18, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in Poland is generally considered to be quite affordable. A nice 1 bedroom apartment in Poland can cost anywhere from $400 to $800 per month, while a nice 2 bedroom apartment can cost from $600 to $1,200 per month. The cost of dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Poland is usually around $15 to $20 per person.
Is the cost of living in Poland high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Poland, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Poland is generally considered to be quite affordable. Groceries, transportation, and utilities are all relatively inexpensive compared to other European countries. Rent prices vary depending on the city and the size of the apartment, but are generally lower than in other European countries. Eating out is also relatively inexpensive, with a meal at a mid-range restaurant costing around 10-15 euros," said one expat in Poland.
Will I save money living in Poland?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Poland?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Poland?
- Will I be able to find a job in Poland?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Poland appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Poland?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Poland accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Poland like?
- How are healthcare services in Poland?
- What are medical services in Poland like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Poland?
- What are emergency services like in Poland?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Poland?
- How are local medical facilities in Poland?
- As a foreigner living in Poland, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?