Real Estate in Pakistan
Last updated on Feb 06, 2023
Summary: An expat looking to buy a home in Pakistan should begin by researching the local real estate market and familiarizing themselves with the different types of properties available. They should also consider their budget and the type of amenities they are looking for in a home. Homes in Pakistan typically include amenities such as air conditioning, a kitchen, and a bathroom. Some homes may also include a balcony, a garden, or a terrace. Foreigners are allowed to own property in Pakistan, but there are certain restrictions. For example, foreigners are not allowed to own agricultural land, and they must obtain permission from the government before purchasing any property.
How do I find a place to live in Pakistan?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered:
"The best way to find a place to live in Pakistan is to start by researching the different cities and towns in the country. You can look at online listings for rental properties, or contact local real estate agents to help you find a suitable place. Additionally, you can ask friends and family who live in Pakistan for advice and recommendations. Once you have narrowed down your search, you can visit the area to get a better feel for the neighborhood and to make sure it meets your needs," said one person in Pakistan.
"We lived in Defence as this was close to my husband's place of employment, had a lot of green space, was quiet and has residents who were used to seeing foreigners. We used a real estate company, Deal Makers to find our apartment. You can read more here: How to Find Housing in Lahore http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1195348/how_to_find_housing_in_lahore_pakistan.html?cat=54 Best Areas to Live in Lahore http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1797302/best_areas_to_live_in_lahore_pakistan.html?cat=16," said one expat who made the move to Lahore.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Pakistan?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What should I pack when moving to Pakistan?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Pakistan?
- Will I be able to find a job in Pakistan?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Pakistan appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Pakistan?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Pakistan accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Pakistan like?
- How are healthcare services in Pakistan?
- What are medical services in Pakistan like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Pakistan?
- What are emergency services like in Pakistan?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Pakistan?
- How are local medical facilities in Pakistan?
- As a foreigner living in Pakistan, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?