Last updated on Mar 10, 2023
Summary: People describe Antalya, Turkey as a beautiful coastal city with stunning beaches, a vibrant nightlife, and a rich cultural heritage. Expats love the warm climate, friendly locals, and the abundance of outdoor activities. The weather in Antalya is typically mild with temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to the mid-80s Fahrenheit. The average cost of living for an expat is around $1,000 per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is around $400 per month, while a two bedroom apartment is around $600 per month. The approximate population of Antalya is 2.3 million.
What do I need to know about living in Antalya?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Antalya, they said:
"Before retiring in Antalya, expats should research the cost of living and the availability of healthcare services. It is also important to familiarize oneself with the local culture and customs, as well as the language. Additionally, expats should consider the climate and the type of housing available in the area. Finally, it is important to research the visa and residency requirements for living in Turkey," remarked one expat living in Antalya, Turkey.
"I would say, come to Antalya! It is a great city full of places to visit in the sorroundins. People are very warm and open. Life is easy in Antalya, the streets are safe, the weather is great and there are many activities to do. But not all is good, of course. You have to get used to the Turkish way of living. The "problem yok" (no problem) philosophy, where everything is ok, never seeing problems, is sometimes comforting and sometimes frustrating. Things are slower than in Europe or USA. You will need patience and adaptation to their culture and way of living. All in all, Antalya is a great place to live," wrote one member in Antalya.
What do I need to know before moving to Antalya?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Antalya?
- How do I find a place to live in Antalya?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Antalya?
- What is the average cost of housing in Antalya?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Antalya?
- What should I pack when moving to Antalya?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Antalya?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Antalya?
- What are healthcare services like in Antalya?
- Is the cost of living in Antalya high?
- Will I save money living in Antalya?
- Why do people move to Antalya?
- How are healthcare services Antalya?
- What are medical services in Antalya like?