Vung Tau, Vietnam
Last updated on Jul 10, 2023
Summary: Expats, digital nomads and retirees discuss what it is like to live in Vung Tau, Vietnam: Cost of living, Finding a home, Meeting People and more.
What do I need to know about living in Vung Tau?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Vung Tau, they said:
"Learn the Vietnamese language or at least learn the basics because there are few people in vung tau that can speak English," wrote a member in Vung Tau.
What do I need to know before moving to Vung Tau?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Vung Tau?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Vung Tau?
- Will I be able to find a job in Vung Tau?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Vung Tau appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Vung Tau?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Vung Tau accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Vung Tau like?
- How are healthcare services in Vung Tau?
- What are medical services in Vung Tau like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Vung Tau?
- What are emergency services like in Vung Tau?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Vung Tau?
- How are local medical facilities in Vung Tau?
- As a foreigner living in Vung Tau, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?