Last updated on Apr 20, 2023
Summary: The approximate population of Gurgaon, India is 1,514,085. People describe Gurgaon as a bustling city with a vibrant nightlife, modern infrastructure, and a growing economy. Expats love the convenience of living in Gurgaon, with its easy access to Delhi, the international airport, and the many shopping and entertainment options. The weather in Gurgaon is generally hot and humid, with temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to the mid-90s Fahrenheit (10-35 Celsius). The average cost of living for an expat is around $1,000-$2,000 USD per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is around $500-$1,000 USD per month, and a two bedroom apartment is around $800-$1,500 USD per month.
What do I need to know about living in Gurgaon?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Gurgaon, they said:
"Before retiring in Gurgaon, expats should be aware of the cost of living, the availability of healthcare, the climate, and the cultural norms. It is important to research the local laws and regulations, as well as the safety and security of the area. Additionally, expats should familiarize themselves with the local language and customs, as well as the transportation options available. Finally, expats should consider the availability of leisure activities and entertainment in the area," said one expat in Gurgaon.
What do I need to know before moving to Gurgaon?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Gurgaon?
- How do I find a place to live in Gurgaon?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Gurgaon?
- What is the average cost of housing in Gurgaon?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Gurgaon?
- What should I pack when moving to Gurgaon?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Gurgaon?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Gurgaon?
- What are healthcare services like in Gurgaon?
- Is the cost of living in Gurgaon high?
- Will I save money living in Gurgaon?
- Why do people move to Gurgaon?
- How are healthcare services in Gurgaon?
- What are medical services in Gurgaon like?