Last updated on Jul 11, 2023
Summary: Expats, digital nomads and retirees talk about what it is really like living in Rimini, Italy. They offer advice about meeting people, cost of living, finding a home and more.
What do I need to know about living in Rimini?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Rimini, they said:
"Expats considering retirement in Rimini, should be aware of several key factors. Firstly, they should understand that the cost of living can be quite high, especially when compared to other parts of Italy. This is particularly true for housing, which can be expensive in this popular coastal city. They should also be aware that while many locals speak English, it is not as widely spoken as in larger cities like Rome or Milan, so learning some Italian would be beneficial. Healthcare in Italy is generally of a high standard, but it's important to ensure you have adequate health insurance coverage. Rimini has a Mediterranean climate with hot summers and mild winters, which may be a significant change for those from colder climates. The city is known for its vibrant nightlife and social scene, which may not suit those looking for a quiet retirement. Public transportation is reliable and extensive, but owning a car can be useful for exploring the surrounding region. Finally, it's important to understand the Italian tax system, as Italy has a worldwide taxation policy, which means that even if you live in Italy, you may still be liable for taxes in your home country. It's recommended to seek advice from a financial advisor or tax consultant before making the move," remarked one expat who made the move to Rimini.
What do I need to know before moving to Rimini?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Rimini?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Rimini?
- What is the average cost of housing in Rimini?
- How do I meet people in Rimini?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Rimini?
- What should I pack when moving to Rimini?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Rimini?
- Will I be able to find a job in Rimini?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Rimini?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Rimini?
- What is the social scene like in Rimini?
- What advice to expats in Rimini have about housing?
- What are medical services in Rimini like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Rimini?
- Is the cost of living in Rimini high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Rimini?
- Why do people move to Rimini?