Expats Talk about Health Insurance and Healthcare in Coronado, Panama
Last updated on Jul 06, 2023
Summary: There are several hospitals and clinics in Coronado, Panama, including Hospital Coronado, Hospital Punta Pacifica, and Clinica Coronado. Emergency services are available in Coronado, and an ambulance can be called by dialing 911. The quality of medical care in Coronado is generally considered to be comparable to that of the United States, with some services being more advanced than those available in the US.
How are healthcare services Coronado?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Coronado, they replied:
"See Dr. Levy, even if you have no insurance his office visits are only $15 and he is a very nice Dr who will send you to the appropriate specialists. Also there are a number of alternative doctor's locally who are not expensive either and are very effective if you are into that type of medicine. I have not renewed any medications since I arrived so I do not know about prescription drugs yet. But in terms of just seeing someone because you are not feeling well, Dr. Levy seems to be the place to go. And his fee is such it does not even make sense to claim insurance for the visit," commented one expat who moved to Coronado.
What are medical services in Coronado like?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Coronado?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Coronado?
- Will I be able to find a job in Coronado?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Coronado appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Coronado?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Coronado accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Coronado like?
- How are healthcare services in Coronado?
- What are medical services in Coronado like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Coronado?
- What are emergency services like in Coronado?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Coronado?
- How are local medical facilities in Coronado?
- As a foreigner living in Coronado, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?