What should I pack when moving to Nairobi?
We asked people living in Nairobi to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Nairobi, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Bring clothing that is lightweight and breathable, such as cotton and linen, as well as a few warmer items for the cooler evenings. Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat are also essential for protection from the sun. Additionally, it is important to bring any necessary medications, as well as a first aid kit. To help you adjust to the culture, bring items that remind you of home, such as photos, books, and music. Finally, make sure to bring a valid passport and any other necessary documents," wrote a member who made the move to Nairobi, Kenya.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Nairobi?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nairobi?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nairobi?
- What is life like in Nairobi?
- What do expats in Nairobi appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Nairobi?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Nairobi accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Nairobi like?
- What are healthcare services like in Nairobi?
- What are medical services in Nairobi like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nairobi?
- What are emergency services like in Nairobi?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Nairobi?
- How are local medical facilities in Nairobi?
- As a foreigner living in Nairobi, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Nairobi?If you live in Nairobi, newcomers to Nairobi would love to hear your answer to this question.