What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Latvia?
We asked expat moms who gave birth in Latvia about their experiences and advice they have for other moms to be. They said...
"It is important to research the healthcare system in Latvia before having a baby. Make sure to find a doctor or midwife who speaks your language and is familiar with the local healthcare system. It is also important to familiarize yourself with the maternity leave policies in Latvia, as well as any other benefits or services available to new parents. Additionally, it is a good idea to connect with other expat parents in Latvia to get advice and support. Finally, make sure to take time to enjoy the experience of having a baby in Latvia and to take advantage of the unique cultural opportunities available," remarked another expat who made the move to Latvia.
- What do I need to know before moving to Latvia?
- How do I find a place to live in Latvia?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Latvia?
- What is the average cost of housing in Latvia?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Latvia?
- What should I pack when moving to Latvia?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Latvia?
- Why do people move to Latvia?
- What are healthcare services like in Latvia?
- What are medical services in Latvia like?
- What are typical rents in Latvia?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Latvia?If you live in Latvia, newcomers to Latvia would love to hear your answer to this question.