How do I meet people in Kenya?
When we asked people living in Kenya about club and activities where newcomers can meet others, they responded...
"Expats in Kenya often join clubs and activities such as golf, tennis, sailing, and running. Expats can also join social clubs, such as the Nairobi Expat Club, which organizes events and activities for expats to meet and socialize. Additionally, expats can meet people by attending local events, such as art exhibitions, music festivals, and cultural celebrations. Expats can also meet people by attending church services, volunteering, or joining a language exchange program," remarked another expat in Kenya.
"Nairobi is one of those rare places where you may be as invisible as you wish. It has this vibe where many people disappear home with their families not to be seen for months; they are chilling out, watching their gardens, writing books, taking their kids to the cinema, being romantic old fashioned families. Schools are a main socializing point its very old school and traditional. Malls and gyms provide many points of contact. We have harriers, which I hear is a great way to meet people. Java coffee shop with its world famous coffee and cuisine is also a fine way to meet up. There are wonderful art galleries such as Ramoma. The Alliance Francaise has film festivals and very good exhibitions and plays. Nightlife and Eating out we have a wide array of wonderful places to eat check out; http://www.eatout.co.ke such a lovely array of wonderful places to eat. Nightlife = www. xpatlink.info," said a member in Nairobi, Kenya.
- What do I need to know before moving to Kenya?
- How do I find a place to live in Kenya?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Kenya?
- What is the average cost of housing in Kenya?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Kenya?
- What should I pack when moving to Kenya?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Kenya?
- Why do people move to Kenya?
- What are healthcare services like in Kenya?
- What are medical services in Kenya like?
- What are typical rents in Kenya?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
How do I meet people in Kenya?If you live in Kenya, newcomers to Kenya would love to hear your answer to this question.