What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Life for expats and digital nomads in Estonia is generally quite pleasant. The country is known for its high quality of life, with a low cost of living and a vibrant culture. The country is also very welcoming to foreigners, with a large expat community and plenty of opportunities for networking. The country is also very tech-savvy, making it an ideal place for digital nomads to work remotely. The capital city of Tallinn is particularly popular with expats and digital nomads, offering a wide range of activities and attractions. Overall, Estonia is a great place for expats and digital nomads to live and work," said another expat in Estonia.
"Life here is family oriented up to a point, but many marriages are broken. Young people go out frequently to bars and clubs where English is generally well spoken. Foreigners are received in a friendly and welcome manner. In fact, they are plesantly surprised to see you here. Do not be shy about opening conversations," wrote a member who made the move to Tallinn, Estonia.
- What should I pack when moving to Estonia?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Estonia?
- Will I be able to find a job in Estonia?
- What is life like in Estonia?
- What do expats in Estonia appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Estonia?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Estonia accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Estonia like?
- What are healthcare services like in Estonia?
- What are medical services in Estonia like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Estonia?
- What are emergency services like in Estonia?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Estonia?
- How are local medical facilities in Estonia?
- As a foreigner living in Estonia, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Estonia, newcomers to Estonia would love to hear your answer to this question.