What do I need to know before moving to Kenya?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Kenya, they said...
"Before moving to Kenya, expats should familiarize themselves with the local culture and customs. It is important to research the cost of living in the area, as well as the availability of housing and other amenities. Expats should also make sure to obtain the necessary visas and permits before arriving in Kenya. Additionally, expats should consider the safety and security of the area they are moving to, and make sure to take the necessary precautions. Finally, expats should be aware of the local healthcare system and make sure to have adequate health insurance coverage," remarked another expat who made the move to Kenya.
"Choose a safe neighborhood with many expats. Gated compounds with security and alarm systems are good," explained one expat living in Mombasa, Kenya.
- What should I pack when moving to Kenya?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Kenya?
- Will I be able to find a job in Kenya?
- What is life like in Kenya?
- What do expats in Kenya appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Kenya?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Kenya accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Kenya like?
- What are healthcare services like in Kenya?
- What are medical services in Kenya like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Kenya?
- What are emergency services like in Kenya?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Kenya?
- How are local medical facilities in Kenya?
- As a foreigner living in Kenya, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Kenya?If you live in Kenya, newcomers to Kenya would love to hear your answer to this question.