What is the name of the city or town that you are reporting on?
Name three things that you wish you had brought and three you wish you had left at home.
I have only 1 wish that I've brought along with me which is sufficient supply of medicine that my family are use of taking. As for, wishing that I had left behind are as follows:
1) Personal items that all of our friends gave us.
2) Furnitures that we bought and treasured for so many years.
3) Books that I've been holding on for so many years.
Moving to Indonesia?
Get FREE quotes from up to 6 international movers from The Relocator. Save up to 50% on your move to Indonesia! The Relocator offers an easy and free service to receive quotes from renowned and certified movers worldwide. They only work with qualified moving companies. Over 500 movers worldwide have already joined their service to help you get the best price and service for your international move. Get your moving quotes.
What advice would you give someone preparing to move to your area about the actual move, choosing a neighborhood and finding a home?
1) Know how far & how much will the company be providing. If private, then Expat Relocation Company is the best company. They also do the maintenance and the middle man between the landlord and you. Less hassle from your part. They always get their job done. The owners are expats and they make sure service is always satisfactory.
Choosing a neighborhood:
1) The very first thing is to know whether the area is high enough not to get flooded.
2) Know your neighborhood. Like if it's mostly local, know the history.
Finding a home:
1) Expat Relocation Company is the best deal ever. Less headache and less hassle.
What type of housing do you live in? Is this typical for most expats in your area?
Most of Expat families particularly with children have larger house and swimming pool has to be included. If no house is available with swimming pool, they family mostly end-up in a compound with various expat lives from different companies. For couples with no children, they mostly stay in a serviced apartment.
How did you choose your neighborhood and find your home or apartment?
The company has a Family Liason Officer that assisted us along with 2 respresentatives from Expat Relocation. All of them assisted us from finding a home, leased furnitures, picked fabric (from curtains to sofas) and decorate.
Expats in Indonesia may get a free expat health insurance quote from our partner Allianz Care, whose plans ensure that you have access to quality healthcare whenever you need it. Allianz's flexible solutions allow you to tailor your cover to meet your needs and budget.
Get a Quote
Expats in Indonesia may get a free expat health insurance quote from our partner Allianz Care, a leader in international insurance for expatriates. Allianz's plans ensure that you have access to quality healthcare whenever you need it. Their flexible solutions allow you to tailor your cover to meet your needs and budget..
Are your housing costs higher or lower than they were in your home country? What is the average cost of housing there?
Right now, we've just continued the leased from the previous family but the ball park would be $1,000/month with 3 security guards on 8 hours rotation provided by the company. $1,000-2,000/month is the average cost of leasing a house. Apartment, I don't know.