5 Tips for Living in Frankfurt
Expats often move to Frankfurt for jobs in finance and IT. Frankfurt is continental Europe's largest financial center and has a population of approximately 2.5 million in the city and surrounding urban area. Towns in the Taunus area north of Frankfurt and Wiesbaden and Mainz to the west are popular among expats. There are many international and bi-lingual schools to choose from and lots of expat clubs in the Frankfurt area.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- The Insider's Guide to Frankfurt
- 5 Tips for Living in Frankfurt
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Germany
- Best Places to Live in Germany
- Real Estate in Germany
- Pros & Cons of Living in Germany
- How to Rent a Home in Germany
- What It's Like Living in Frankfurt
- Pros and Cons of Living in Germany 2024
- 2024 Guide to Moving to Germany