What is Seguro Popular?
Summary: Seguro Popular was the former healthcare system for residents who do not have social security. It was replaced in January 2020. Learn what this former system provided and about the new system, INSABI.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- Mexico Guide
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Mexico
- Members Talk about Healthcare & Health Insurance in Mexico
- Best Places to Live in Mexico
- Real Estate in Mexico
- Guide to Real Estate in Mexico
- Pros & Cons of Living in Mexico
- Cost of Living in Mexico
- Tips for Expats Driving in Mazatlan
- Driving in Manzanillo
- Tips for Expats Driving in Cabo San Lucas
- Getting a Driver's License in Mexico
- 2023 Guide to Living in Mexico
- Pros and Cons of Living in Mexico 2023
- 2023 Guide to Moving to Mexico
- Members Talk about the Cost of Living in Mexico