Expat Exchange
Free MembershipSign In

Expat Exchange Community

10 years ago

Burkina Faso- Bobo Dioulasso (moving in 2014)

10 years ago
Hello there,

My partner has been offered an opportunity to work at a science institute in Bobo Dioulasso for 2 years from 2014.
I'm a british citizen with 5 year old son, and my partner is Italian/British dual citizen.
We'd love to hear from anyone who could advise on living in Bobo-dioulasso, and also some tips on safety etc.
We have not much of an idea of living circumstances or the politics of the region, so would like to hear from people living there in 'real terms'
The home office reports can be hard to discern sometimes!

Mostly, I am curious if it is safe enough for me to be at home alone when he travels for business, and also if there are schools in bobo-dioulasso or if home-schooling is common among ex-pats.

Do you know any british citizens living there who wouldn't mind being contacted by us?

Any advice you can offer is much appreciated!

My partner is fluent in French and I am learning!!

GeoBlue
GeoBlue
GeoBlue
GeoBlue

Top-quality coverage for people who live, work, study and travel internationally.
Get Quote

GeoBlueGeoBlue

Top-quality coverage for people who live, work, study and travel internationally.
Get Quote

Living-in-the-UAECulture Shock in the UAE

If you're planning a move to the UAE, or have recently settled there, it's natural to encounter some culture shock as you adjust to your new surroundings. Our insightful article is designed to help you navigate this transition smoothly. It offers practical tips and draws on the experiences of fellow expats who have successfully embraced the cultural nuances of the UAE.

If you're planning a move to the UAE, or have recently settled there, it's natural to encounter some culture shock as you adjust to your new surroundings. Our insightful article is designed to help yo...

Living-in-ItalyPros and Cons of Living in Italy

If you're moving to Italy, it's important to learn about both the Pros AND Cons of living in Italy.

If you're moving to Italy, it's important to learn about both the Pros AND Cons of living in Italy. ...

Moving-to-Fiji10 Things to Know Before Moving to Fiji

If you're planning a move to Fiji, here are 10 things expats living there wish they had known before moving to Fiji.

If you're planning a move to Fiji, here are 10 things expats living there wish they had known before moving to Fiji. ...

Living-in-Antigua--BarbudaCulture Shock in Antigua & Barbuda

If you're planning a move to Antigua & Barbuda, or have recently settled there, it's natural to encounter some culture shock as you adjust to your new surroundings. Our insightful article is designed to help you navigate this transition smoothly. It offers practical tips and draws on the experiences of fellow expats who have successfully embraced the cultural nuances of Antigua & Barbuda.

If you're planning a move to Antigua & Barbuda, or have recently settled there, it's natural to encounter some culture shock as you adjust to your new surroundings. Our insightful article is designed ...

Copyright 1997-2024 Burlingame Interactive, Inc.

Privacy Policy Legal