15 Expats Talk about Health Insurance and Healthcare in Georgia
Last updated on May 11, 2023
Summary: The quality of medical care in Georgia is generally comparable to the US. Georgia has a well-developed healthcare system, with a wide range of medical services available. Emergency services are generally reliable and efficient, and ambulances can be called by dialing 911.
How are healthcare services Georgia?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Georgia, they replied:
"Healthcare services in Georgia are provided by both public and private institutions. The public healthcare system is funded by the government and is available to all citizens and foreign residents. The quality of public healthcare in Georgia is generally good, with a wide range of services available. Expats in Georgia can use the public healthcare system, but they may need to pay for some services. In addition, there are a number of private healthcare providers in Georgia that offer a range of services, including specialist care. Expats in Georgia can also access private healthcare services, although they may need to pay for these services out of pocket," commented one expat who moved to Georgia Rep.
What are medical services in Georgia like?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Georgia?
- How do I find a place to live in Georgia?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Georgia?
- What is the average cost of housing in Georgia?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Georgia?
- What should I pack when moving to Georgia?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Georgia?
- Why do people move to Georgia?
- How are healthcare services in Georgia?
- What are medical services in Georgia like?
- What are typical rents in Georgia?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?