Pros and Cons of Living in Zimbabwe
Last updated on Feb 16, 2023
Summary: The pros of living in Zimbabwe include its diverse culture, beautiful landscapes, and rich history. Zimbabwe is also home to many national parks and wildlife reserves, making it a great destination for nature lovers. Additionally, the cost of living in Zimbabwe is relatively low, making it an attractive option for those looking to stretch their budget. The cons of living in Zimbabwe include its high unemployment rate, political instability, and poor infrastructure. The country also suffers from a lack of access to basic services such as healthcare and education, as well as a high crime rate. Additionally, the country is prone to natural disasters such as droughts and floods, which can cause significant damage to infrastructure and livelihoods.
What are the pros and cons of living in Zimbabwe?
Expats, digital nomads and retirees living in Zimbabwe responded:
"Expats and digital nomads living in Zimbabwe often appreciate the country's diverse culture, friendly people, and stunning landscapes. They also enjoy the low cost of living, which allows them to stretch their money further. On the other hand, they may find the lack of reliable internet access and infrastructure to be a challenge. Additionally, the political and economic instability in the country can be a source of concern," explained one expat living in Zimbabwe.
What do expats in Zimbabwe appreciate most about the local culture?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Zimbabwe?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Zimbabwe?
- Will I be able to find a job in Zimbabwe?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Zimbabwe appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Zimbabwe?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Zimbabwe accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Zimbabwe like?
- How are healthcare services in Zimbabwe?
- What are medical services in Zimbabwe like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Zimbabwe?
- What are emergency services like in Zimbabwe?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Zimbabwe?
- How are local medical facilities in Zimbabwe?
- As a foreigner living in Zimbabwe, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?