Cost of Living in Ivory Coast
Last updated on May 24, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in Ivory Coast is generally considered to be quite affordable. A nice 1 bedroom apartment in Ivory Coast can cost anywhere from $400 to $800 per month, while a nice 2 bedroom apartment can cost from $600 to $1,200 per month. The cost of dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Ivory Coast is usually around $10 to $15 per person.
Is the cost of living in Ivory Coast high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Ivory Coast, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Ivory Coast is generally considered to be quite affordable. Prices for basic necessities such as food, housing, and transportation are generally lower than in many other countries. However, the cost of living can vary significantly depending on the city and region. In the larger cities, such as Abidjan, prices tend to be higher than in smaller towns and rural areas," explained one expat living in Ivory Coast.
Will I save money living in Ivory Coast?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- Ivory Coast Guide
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Ivory Coast
- Members Talk about Healthcare & Health Insurance in Ivory Coast
- Best Places to Live in Ivory Coast
- Guide to Real Estate in Ivory Coast
- Pros & Cons of Living in Ivory Coast
- Cost of Living in Ivory Coast
- Zika Virus in Ivory Coast
- How to Rent a Home in Ivory Coast
- How to Enroll in the Public Healthcare System in Ivory Coast
- How to Get a Driver's License in Ivory Coast
- Pros and Cons of Living in Ivory Coast 2023