Cost of Living in Saudi Arabia
Last updated on Apr 07, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in Saudi Arabia is generally considered to be quite reasonable. A nice 1 bedroom apartment in Saudi Arabia can cost anywhere from $400 to $800 per month, while a nice 2 bedroom apartment can cost anywhere from $600 to $1,200 per month. The cost of dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Saudi Arabia is usually around $15 to $20 per person.
Is the cost of living in Saudi Arabia high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Saudi Arabia, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Saudi Arabia is generally moderate, though some items can be expensive. In terms of housing, expats tend to pay high rental prices for westernized homes. On the other hand, the cost for basic food items and groceries can be reasonable. In addition, petrol is relatively inexpensive, transportation is available and relatively affordable, and healthcare is accessible and of a high quality. Overall, the cost of living can vary from low to moderate, depending on individual spending habits," said one expat in Saudi Arabia.
Will I save money living in Saudi Arabia?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Saudi Arabia?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Saudi Arabia?
- Will I be able to find a job in Saudi Arabia?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Saudi Arabia appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Saudi Arabia?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Saudi Arabia accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Saudi Arabia like?
- How are healthcare services in Saudi Arabia?
- What are medical services in Saudi Arabia like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Saudi Arabia?
- What are emergency services like in Saudi Arabia?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Saudi Arabia?
- How are local medical facilities in Saudi Arabia?
- As a foreigner living in Saudi Arabia, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?