Tortola, the British Virgin Islands
Last updated on Jul 09, 2023
Summary: Expats, digital nomads and retirees discuss what it is like to live in Tortola, Brit. Virgin Isl.: Cost of living, Finding a home, Meeting People and more.
What do I need to know about living in Tortola?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Tortola, they said:
"Practice extra patience in getting things done, this place live to it's promise.. RELAX, so everything here is relax and takes time before it gets done, especially at work. They are friendly and relaxed," said one expat who made the move to Tortola.
What do I need to know before moving to Tortola?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Tortola?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Tortola?
- What is the average cost of housing in Tortola?
- How do I meet people in Tortola?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Tortola?
- What should I pack when moving to Tortola?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tortola?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tortola?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Tortola?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Tortola?
- What is the social scene like in Tortola?
- What advice to expats in Tortola have about housing?
- What are medical services in Tortola like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tortola?
- Is the cost of living in Tortola high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Tortola?
- Why do people move to Tortola?