Last updated on Jul 10, 2023
Summary: Expats, digital nomads and retirees discuss what it is like to live in Protaras, Cyprus: Cost of living, Finding a home, Meeting People and more.
What do I need to know about living in Protaras?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Protaras, they said:
"If you are retired I would recommend Protaras all year around, but if a family would advise they settle in Paphos, Limmasol or Larnica as there are more schools and job opportunities," remarked one expat living in Protaras, Cyprus.
What do I need to know before moving to Protaras?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Protaras?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Protaras?
- What is the average cost of housing in Protaras?
- How do I meet people in Protaras?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Protaras?
- What should I pack when moving to Protaras?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Protaras?
- Will I be able to find a job in Protaras?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Protaras?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Protaras?
- What is the social scene like in Protaras?
- What advice to expats in Protaras have about housing?
- What are medical services in Protaras like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Protaras?
- Is the cost of living in Protaras high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Protaras?
- Why do people move to Protaras?