Last updated on Apr 20, 2023
Summary: The population of Maisons-Laffitte, France is 18,000. Maisons-Laffitte is a charming, small town with a rich history and a vibrant cultural life. Expats love the easy access to Paris, the beautiful parks and gardens, and the friendly locals. The weather in Maisons-Laffitte is mild with temperatures ranging from the mid-30s to the mid-60s Fahrenheit (1-18 Celsius). The average cost of living in Maisons-Laffitte for an expat is estimated to be around $2,000 per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is estimated to be around $1,000 per month, while a two bedroom apartment is estimated to be around $1,500 per month.
What do I need to know about living in Maisons-Laffitte?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Maisons-Laffitte, they said:
"Maisons-Laffitte is a charming suburban community just outside of Paris. It is a popular spot for expats to retire and enjoy the quieter pace of life, with all the benefits of being close to Paris. However, there are some important things for expats to consider before retiring in Maisons-Laffitte. Expats should make sure to familiarize themselves with the local laws and regulations as these can vary from other parts of France. Additionally, it is important to research rental and purchasing options in the area as the costs and availability can vary from other parts of the country. Expats should also familiarize themselves with the local healthcare system to ensure they have appropriate coverage while residing in Maisons-Laffitte. Finally, it is important to research the different cultural aspects of the area to ensure that you understand the local customs and etiquette," explained one expat living in Maisons-Laffitte, France, France.
What do I need to know before moving to Maisons-Laffitte?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Maisons-Laffitte?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Maisons-Laffitte?
- Will I be able to find a job in Maisons-Laffitte?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Maisons-Laffitte appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Maisons-Laffitte?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Maisons-Laffitte accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Maisons-Laffitte like?
- How are healthcare services in Maisons-Laffitte?
- What are medical services in Maisons-Laffitte like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Maisons-Laffitte?
- What are emergency services like in Maisons-Laffitte?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Maisons-Laffitte?
- How are local medical facilities in Maisons-Laffitte?
- As a foreigner living in Maisons-Laffitte, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?